I've always loved wearing lipsticks ever since. It puts life to my pale face. I especially love wearing red lipsticks. Only powder and red lipstick, and I'm on my way out.
But now in summer time, I want a “no-make-up-look” make-up. So during my sons' recognition and graduation days, I played up with my newly bought make-ups. I'm obviously not an expert. But I felt successful in achieving the look that I want.
How I Did My No-Make-up-Look Make-up
1. BB Cream. I used Étude BB Cream Bright Fit in Honey Beige as my make-up base. I especially like the effect of BB cream on my face. It's flat on the face so it doesnt look like I've put something on but makes my skin look fair and supple. It's dewey but not oily. You may use any BB cream brand. Choose something that's closest to your skin color. BB cream also helps your make-up last longer on your face.
2. Foundation. I used Avon Ideal Luminous Foundation in Shell. As in any make-up looks, choose a foundation that's closest to your skin color. Use the foundation lightly and as much as possible only on the areas where you think you shine like the T-zone. I used a foundation for a more lasting effect. But you may use a face powder too if you don't have a foundation and if you think you don't need more coverage after you've used BB cream. Just make sure to check your face for shine from time to time and re-powder a little.
3. Eyebrows. Eyebrow liners work wonders. That's just a recent realization by me. See how late bloomer I am. Define your eyebrows using a liner that's close to your hair color. I used Ever Bilena Perfect Brow in Dark Brown. All you need is light strokes to fill up your eyebrows with a hint of color then blend using the brush on the other end. Tip: Don't tweeze your eyebrows into one line coz it'll make you look older. Oh now I think I need to do a separate post all about eyebrows.
4. Eyeshadow. You may use an eyeshadow that's pinkish brown or something peachy or something that's close to your blush color. For lack of eyeshadow make-up, I actually used my Human Nature Blush in Petal Bloom. Remember that we want to achieve a nude makeup. Close one of your eyes and that's where you need to put the eyeshadow.
5. Eyeliner. Yes I have eyeliners in this make-up. Not the black one but in nude. I used Nichido Gorgeous Eye Pencil in Pink Diamonds just to open up the eyes but without the dark contour under the eyes.
6. Blush-on. For a natural cheek color, use a blush that looks natural on your face. My skin isn't whitish but not dark as well. I used Human Nature Blush in Petal Bloom. Peachy hues look natural on my skin. For a natural look, use pinkish brown or reddish brown blush, depending on your skin color.
7. Lip pencil. As with any other makeup looks, line your lips with a lip pencil that's close to the color of your lipstick. We need a natural lip color so it's good to use a pinkish brown lip liner. I used Crayon Lip Pencil in Beige Pink.
8. Lipstick. I was delighted the moment I used my Human Nature Lipstick in Sweet Nectar. It looks natural on me but not pale. It's creamy in texture, moist and not matte. There are lots of lipsticks with beigey or pinkish brown hues that you can choose from in department stores. My next target is a beigey lip color, so standby for that.
9. Mascara. You may use colorless mascara or a light mascara for a more natural look. I used Ever Bilena Advance Mascara Duo for this make-up.
Do you have any nude makeup tips? Sharing is caring!